Sunday, April 26, 2009

Sung's next move (?)



http://www.alivenotdead.com/daniel/Dustin-Nguyen-and-Sung-Kang-respect-to-AAA-s--profile-593010.html

Sorry for not updating this blog for a while! Like I said in my previous article, I have been out of country for almost a month. But I have been checking out my google alert with key word, "Sung Kang." So, I detected the post I'm referring to here a few days ago.

It is always good to see the latest look of Sung's. I also found this article talking about the possible next work for him.

http://celluloidandcigaretteburns.blogspot.com/2009/04/akira-2011.html

But I guess it is still a rumor level so far. I saw this movie (animation) when I was in highschool. I won a pair of free movie tickets from a contest in a magazine. Back then, I was crazy about reading cartoons of this sort. (Well, not any more. After I moved to the states, I gave up on this hobby.) I remember seeing this movie with my younger brother back then. If Sung will be there, that'll be great. But I want him to get a major role like Kaneda here, not like one of the gang members.

7 comments:

Tiffany said...

I seen that. What I dont understand is the people that they have up for the roles. To me it seems like they are taking roles from Asian amercian actors and giving them to whites. Which i dont feel that is right. They have leo d has up for the main role which I understand its voice but the main role should not go to him it seem not fair and alot of the others are whites up for it. I feel that they are taking roles from people that earned it more. I am white and feel that it is not fair

Mari said...

Hi, Tiffany

Thank you for your comment! Well, I kind of understand that movies can be more successful (financially) if the main roles are occupied by whites actors/actress, has been a trend since a while ago, I suppose. But with all the rich layer shifting to East, that won't remain true forever. We'll wait and see. I guess it's all about who are paying most to support the industry. Actually, I don't really mind Hollywood version of Asian movie remakes as long as we all know the originals are better. There are people who'd rather stick with localized version, which I kind of understand.

TIFFANY said...

I KNOW WHAT YOU ARE SAYING. LIKE THE ORIGINAL KOREAN HORROR FILMS ARE WAY BETTER THEN THE HOLLYWOOD REMAKES. THEY MESS THEM UP.

Anonymous said...

MATT SCHULZE WILL BE IN FAST AND FURIOUS 10 TO JOIN JAKOB TORETTO TEAM IN FAST AND FURIOUS 10

Anonymous said...

BOB BARKER WILL BE IN FAST AND FURIOUS 10 TO JOIN JAKOB TORETTO TEAM IN FAST AND FURIOUS 10

Anonymous said...

WAYNE BRADY DREW CAREY WILL BE IN FAST AND FURIOUS 10 TO JOIN JAKOB TORETTO TEAM IN FAST AND FURIOUS 10

Anonymous said...

MANDY MOORE WILL BE IN FAST AND FURIOUS 10 TO JOIN AGENT HOBBS TEAM IN FAST AND FURIOUS 10