Sunday, August 7, 2016

3+ millions vs. 300+K

A photo posted by Arturo Gutierrez (@flat4powerranger) on


Above photo is not related to what I'm writing today. I just need to grab one good shot each time I update this blog. Thank you for those who are posting nice photos with Sung with #sungkang properly tagged.

===========

I just realized that I have over 3 million views to my Google+ account. I hardly use it, but when I do, it's mostly about Sung. Then, I realized that two of my posts in Google+ appears in 1st page of the search results with keyword "Sung Kang." My friend told me that when she searched about Sung, she saw my picture. Now, I see the same thing. That's probably why I got 3+ million views.

On the other hand, I'm doing this blog for almost 10 years. But the total pageview is a little over 300K. I used to see this blog link appears in the first page, but now, it's only 3rd page. I'm not sure if this Search Engine logic is working. But I guess Google does it for their own sake. They have not given up on promoting Google+, I suppose.

Well, that's OK. That does not bother me. There is no advertisement in my blog. I'm not making any money out of it, and I do not plan to start that at all. I just feel sorry to other fans who cannot find my blog because I share a lot of rare photos and stories here.

But I do feel Search Engine (in general) is evil...

No comments: