Sunday, January 7, 2018

 

Sorry for the poor resolution of this image. I had to take a quick screenshot from a short video where Sung shown sub-second.

 Looks like Cable company is losing business over online video streaming business. I'm good because I subscribe STARZ directly and can watch this show on my devices. But I suppose Cable business still means a lot for traditional content production/distribution business. It's been a while -- like 10 years, maybe? -- since I paid for my last subscription fee for a Cable line. It helps me saving money. But I feel this non-cable dependent technology is producing a lot of immigrants like us never get localized even after a quarter century passed since we moved in this country. We are pretty disconnected from locals. We can't even say which is the most popular radio channel. But we are fairly up to speed when it comes to our original country's trends.

It's cool that I can subscribe STARZ directly. But I may be in trouble if Sung started showing in several other channels. But if the show becomes super popular, we may be able to view them eventually on another streaming service.

But if you are indeed a current Optimum customer, call them and ask them keep STARZ.

No comments: